Dive into the vibrant flavors of summer with this Easy-to-Make Fresh Sweet Corn Salsa for any taco night or burrito bowl feast! Fresh sweet corn, spicy jalapeños, and a burst of citrus blend together for a salsa that’s a perfect mix of sweet and heat.
My kids LOVE this stuff! As soon as i was done taking pictures they pounced!
Whether spooned over your favorite tacos, paired with crispy tortilla chips, or added to a hearty taco salad, this salsa brings the fresh flavors of Chipotle’s beloved corn salsa right to your table. With simple ingredients and a few steps, you’ll elevate your Mexican food game in no time.
Keep reading for the ultimate fresh corn salsa recipe, a sure-fire way to enjoy the sweetness of corn with a little spicy kick.
Supplies for Making Fresh Corn Salsa
This one is great because it has a seed catcher and all the juice is contained within the citrus press and has an integrated spout for easy pouring!
This cutting board is AMAZING for the price! It is thick and doesn’t slide around on you without being heavy and hard to move around.
Our go to knife! It is versatile and easy to maintain. We own a verity of good kitchen knives but this is the one I reach for the most!
Who doest want to save on dishes by being bale to easily store your corn salsa in the same bowl you mixed it in! I obviously love these bowls as they are featured in a ton of recipe photos!
Fresh Corn Salsa Recipe
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears of corn)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Street Corn Salsa Instructions:
- Prepare the Corn: If using fresh corn, boil the ears in a pot of water for 3-5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Once cool, cut the kernels off the cob. If using frozen corn, thaw and drain well. Canned corn should be drained and rinsed.
- Mix Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, lime juice, chopped red onion, diced jalapeño, and chopped cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
- Season: Add salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the lime juice or jalapeño according to your preference for tanginess and heat.
- Chill and Serve: For the best flavor, let the salsa chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Enjoy: Serve your corn salsa with tortilla chips, over grilled chicken, fish, or as an addition to tacos and burrito bowls.
This corn salsa is perfect for a summer barbecue or as a fresh, vibrant addition to any meal. Enjoy!
Preparing Your Corn
For raw sweet corn prepare it your favorite way. When fresh sweet yellow corn is in season we love to char the kernels in a skillet or on the grill for a smoky flavor before mixing with other ingredients.
If using frozen, thaw and pat dry to remove excess moisture—no need to cook.
Canned corn should be drained and rinsed well. Each type brings a unique texture and sweetness to your salsa!
If You Are Not A Fan of Raw Red Onions Try This!
If you’re not a fan of the sharp taste of raw onions, you can soften their flavor before adding them to dishes. Here is how! Chop or slice the onions and soak them in a bowl of cold water for about 15 to 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry before using. This method helps to reduce the sharpness of the onions.
Storing Corn Salsa
To keep your fresh corn salsa tasting great, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It’ll stay fresh and delicious for 3-5 days. Enjoy it while it’s vibrant!
Fun Additions to Corn Salsa:
This copycat chipotle corn salsa recipe is super versatile! Try some fun additions to personalize it to your taste!
Fresh Tomatoes: diced cherry tomatoes add a juicy sweetness.
Red Bell Peppers: diced red bell pepper is a great addition to corn salsa.
Creamy Avocado: For a rich, buttery texture.
Cotija Cheese: Crumbly, salty goodness.
Black Beans: Adds protein and fiber.
Jalapeño Peppers: For a spicy kick.
Roasted Poblano Peppers: Mild, smoky depth. Chipotle’s corn salsa features these!
Chipotle chili powder: for a bit of smoky heat sprinkle a little chipotle powder in.
Green Onions: Adds a mild, oniony crunch.
Pineapple Chunks: Sweet acidity balances the salsa.
Queso Fresco: A softer, milder cheese alternative.
Charred Corn: For a deeper, smoky flavor. You can find this in the freezer section of stores such as Trader Joes or make your own!
Great for prepping ahead this delicious corn salsa is ready to bring a burst of freshness to burrito bowls or to stand as a perfect side dish.
What Should I Serve Corn Salsa With?
Corn salsa is incredibly versatile and pairs well with a wide range of dishes. Here are some delicious ways to enjoy corn salsa:
- Tacos and Burrito Bowls: A spoonful of corn salsa adds a fresh, sweet pop to tacos and burrito bowls, perfectly complementing spicy meats or beans.
- Grilled Meats: Serve it alongside our grilled harissa honey chicken, or your favorite fish for a refreshing side that cuts through the richness of the meat.
- Chips and Dip: Use it as a dip for tortilla chips for a snack or appetizer that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. My kids love it this way!
- Salads: Toss it into your favorite green salad for added sweetness and crunch, or use it as a base for a hearty grain salad.
- Quesadillas: Add it inside quesadillas for a sweet and spicy filling that pairs wonderfully with melted cheese. Add cooked bacon for a salty sweet combo our family loves!
Its freshness and burst of flavors make corn salsa a fantastic addition to various dishes, enhancing meals with its sweet and tangy taste.
Whether you’re a fan of the sweet raw corn and poblanos used by Chipotle employees or you’re experimenting with a blend of white or yellow corn, this salsa is sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
Don’t forget, the best part of this easy recipe is how versatile it is – enjoy it with fish tacos, veggie burgers, or just a simple bag of corn chips. Dive into the world of homemade salsas and discover delicious ways to savor the sweetness of summer corn. Share your favorite way to serve this copycat chipotle corn salsa recipe!