RightRice is the original plant based rice alternative made primarily from lentil flour, chickpea flour, and rice flour. It’s designed to offer a more nutritious option compared to traditional white rice, boasting higher protein and fiber content. It’s also marketed as being quick and easy to cook, much like instant rice, making it a convenient choice for health-conscious consumers.
RightRice, made from lentils, chickpeas, and rice, could be an option at some locations as a healthier, protein-packed grain base.
RightRice seems to be innovating in the space of healthier grain options, offering a product with fewer net carbs, more protein, and significantly more fiber. These attributes would make it an excellent choice for those who are health-conscious or have specific dietary needs. The variety of flavors like original, lemon pepper, Spanish, and garlic herb can also add a delicious twist to any meal. Incorporating it into a custom CAVA bowl would not only elevate the flavor but also the nutritional value of your meal.
Now at CAVA
Some Cava’s now have RightRice as an option! If RightRice is indeed available at your local CAVA, it’s likely to be a popular choice for those looking for a grain option that’s lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein than traditional white or brown rice. It would pair well with CAVA’s array of protein options like Harissa chicken or braised lamb and the various dips, drizzles, and toppings available.
You can also order RightRice and use it to make homemade cava inspired meals! Pair with Harissa Honey Chicken, or Greek Chicken, feta, and all your favorite fresh veggies for a delicious Cava inspired meal!
How to Cook RightRice
To cook RightRice, follow these general steps, but it’s always best to consult the packaging for specific instructions:
- Boil Water: Bring 1 1/3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add RightRice: Stir in 1 cup of RightRice.
- Season: Add a pinch of salt or other seasonings if desired.
- Cover and Cook: Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for about 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff and Serve: Remove from heat, let it sit covered for a few more minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
These are general guidelines; adjust cooking time and water-to-rice ratio as needed. Always read the instructions on the package for the best results.
Some links on our site are affiliate links; we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. These earnings support our website’s operation.
Is RightRice “The Original Plant Based Rice” Healthy?
RightRice is marketed as a healthier alternative to traditional white rice. It’s made from a blend of delicious whole foods such as lentils, chickpeas, peas, and rice. Which means it’s higher in plant-based protein and fiber compared to regular rice. These attributes can make it a better option for those looking to manage their blood sugar levels, as the higher protein and fiber content may result in a slower release of carbohydrates into the bloodstream.
However, like any processed food, it’s essential to look at the nutritional information and ingredient list. Some flavors may contain added sodium or other seasonings that you might want to monitor. As with any diet choice, it’s always best to consult with a healthcare provider to determine what’s right for you.
Is RightRice “The Original Plant Based Rice” Better then White Rice?
Whether RightRice is “better” than a bowl of white rice depends on your nutritional needs and dietary goals. RightRice is higher in protein and fiber, which can help you feel full longer and provide a slower release of carbohydrates into the bloodstream. This can be particularly helpful for those managing blood sugar levels or looking for a more balanced meal.
White rice, on the other hand, is a simple carbohydrate that can spike your blood sugar levels more quickly. It also doesn’t offer as much in terms of protein and fiber. However, it is often enriched with iron and folic acid, and it’s generally less expensive than RightRice.
If you’re looking for a more nutrient-dense option, RightRice may be a better choice. But if you prefer the taste and texture of traditional white rice, or if you’re on a budget, white rice is still a viable option. Always consider your personal health needs when making such choices.
Here are some great ways to enjoy RightRice:
- Thai Curry Companion: The flavors of RightRice, especially the original or garlic herb, pair beautifully with a spicy Thai curry. The rice soaks up the rich, aromatic sauce.
- CAVA-Inspired Greek Bowl: Use the lemon pepper RightRice as a base instead of traditional rice. Then pile on grilled Greek Chicken, hummus, tzatziki, olives, and feta for a Greek feast.
- Sushi Roll Alternative: Swap out the traditional sushi rice for RightRice for a protein-packed roll.
- Stuffed Peppers: Fill bell peppers with a mixture of Spanish RightRice, black beans, corn, and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Paella Remix: Use RightRice in place of regular rice for a fiber-rich twist on this Spanish classic.
- Breakfast Skillet: Stir fry some original RightRice with veggies. Add an egg and some avocado for a healthy start to the day.
- Risotto Redux: Try making a creamy, healthy risotto using the RightRice Risotto and a dash of Parmesan.
- BBQ Side: Pair the lemon pepper RightRice with grilled chicken or veggies for a balanced BBQ plate.
- Burrito Bowl: Use Cilantro Lime RightRice as a base. Top with your favorite burrito ingredients like guacamole, salsa, and grilled meats.
- Cold Rice Salad: Toss chilled RightRice with veggies, a vinaigrette, and perhaps some cooked shrimp for a light, easy lunch.
Each of these ideas maximizes the flavors and health benefits of RightRice, making your meals not only delicious but also nutritious.
We’d love to hear from you! Have you tried any of these RightRice ideas or perhaps come up with your own creative recipes? Feel free to share your thoughts and favorite ways to enjoy this versatile, nutrient-packed rice alternative!