Ever had one of those days where your heart yearns for the comforting embrace of a Starbucks iced shaken espresso with a little brown sugar and oat milk, but the nearest coffee shop’s renovation ruins your plans? Or, maybe, the local Starbucks is just too far out of the way?
I’ve been there, my friend. So, I embarked on a journey to craft a delicious Starbucks copycat recipe in the coziness of my own home. And the result? An easy copycat recipe that tastes uncannily similar to the real deal.
Ever craved your Starbucks fave, but the local branch is closed? Me too!
Enter the homemade shaken espresso. This drink’s no longer 30 minutes away. It’s in your kitchen. Simple ingredients, maximum flavor.
Shaken Espresso with Brown Sugar Syrup:
Starbucks Iced Shaken Espresso Ingredients:
- 2 shots of espresso or about 60 ml of strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of homemade brown sugar syrup (adjust to taste)
- Milk (oat, almond, cow’s milk, or any of your choice)
Starbucks Iced Shaken Espresso Instructions:
- Brew Espresso: Brew your espresso shots or strong coffee.
- Cool the Espresso: Let the espresso cool slightly. For faster cooling, place it in the freezer briefly.
- Add Brown Sugar Syrup: In a shaker, combine the espresso and brown sugar syrup.
- Shake: Add ice to the shaker, enough to cover the espresso. Secure the lid and shake well for 15-30 seconds.
- Serve: Pour the shaken espresso into a glass with ice.
- Top with Milk: Add your chosen milk to fill the glass.
There you have it! A rich and frothy shaken espresso with the sweetness and depth of homemade brown sugar syrup. Enjoy!
Mason Jar Magic
No cocktail shaker on hand? No problem. Your empty jam jar or mason jar, with its tight-fitting lid, is all you need. Pour in, secure the lid, and give it a good shake.
Empty jam jars aren’t just for shaking; they’re perfect for on-the-go too. Brew your espresso, add your homemade brown sugar syrup, splash in your favorite kind of milk, and shake. Screw on the lid, grab your keys, and you’re ready to face the day. No more waiting in the drive through line!
If you want a cup that will keep your shaken espresso cold and fit in your cup holder I LOVE this one!
Starbucks Iced Shaken Espresso Shots: Your Choice
The Syrup Game
Starbucks version too sweet? Customize! Create your brown sugar syrup recipe.
- Dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, water.
- Simmer in a small saucepan.
- Cool, then store: airtight container.
Milk It Right
Creamy oat milk? Almond milk? Soy? Pick any non-dairy milk or classic whole milk. Tailor to your personal preferences and dietary needs!
The Starbucks Experience
Pour shots of espresso. Add desired amount of brown sugar syrup. Fresh ice, then shake! Top with your milk of choice. Enjoy!
Upgrades & Twists
- Add a dash of cinnamon or a cinnamon stick to your syrup
- Add Vanilla bean instead of extract to your syrup
- Muddle a little fresh mint in the bottom of your jar before you add your ice.
- Extra flavor: hazelnut syrup, vanilla syrup, or any coffee syrup you love!
Money Saver, Time Saver
Skip the long drive. Save a lot of money. Recreate the best Starbucks right in the comfort of your own home. Plus, think of the variations! Iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso today, iced chocolate almond milk shaken espresso tomorrow?
Discovering the Perfect Brew
Sure, a dash to coffee shops gives you the real thing, but there’s a charm to a homemade version. What kind of espresso? Blonde espresso or a full-bodied espresso shot? Use an espresso pod from your favorite brand or maybe brew some instant espresso. Tailor your double shot of espresso just the way you like it.
Making this iced coffee drink is a breeze. First sip will remind you of the real thing. Easy, delicious, and definitely wallet-friendly. Your Starbucks menu, tailored in your own kitchen.
Remember, you’ve got the full recipe card here. Try, taste, tweak. Cheers to mastering the Starbucks drink recipe magic at home!
Starbucks Iced Shaken Espresso Milk Matters
The type of milk you use can change the whole game. From cold foam-topped delights to a simple splash of almond or oat, you decide the kind of milk for that perfect taste.
Syrup Secrets and More
How many tablespoons of syrup make your drink just right? Do you venture into homemade brown sugar syrup or experiment with a hint of natural flavor? Add ice cubes and shake well, replicating that delicious drink we all know and love.
A Flavorful Twist
Considering the myriad of flavors and add-ons available, don’t shy away from personalizing. An extra virgin olive oil drizzle for a Mediterranean kick, or blonde roast espresso for those who like it light and flavorful.
Starbucks Iced Shaken Espresso Final Pour
Imagine savoring every sip, knowing it’s crafted by you. It’s a great way to enjoy a tasty drink with the exact mg of caffeine you desire. The best part? No drive to the local Starbucks necessary.
This isn’t just a copycat Starbucks recipe, but a tribute to all the delicious Starbucks copycat recipes out there. Trust me, once you perfect your version, coffee shops might just see a tad bit less of you.